CLIENT PROJECT:
I've already started the filiming for my live client project.
The brief is to create a short documentary (between 7-10 minutes) that reports the progress of The Nottinghamsire Diploma. There are some 500 young people and 17 organisations that are involved in the Nottinghamsire Diploma. The diploma offers a range of students the oppurtunity to develop more vocational skills as part of the qualifications they will earn at school. Each site across Nottingham offers different courses or subjects the students can take, and because it is a relatively new sheme the council wish to view its a progress with out reading a report.This is the aim of my film. I have been attending a number of different schools from all around Nottingham, Interviewing children who attend the diploma, Interviewing the teachers and executives of the scheme and also a general overview of what is taking place at the schools.
So far its been great, although a bit mind numbing at times. Going back to school for days in a row is not as fun as it seems after a while. I have learnt a great deal and can definately draw alot more positives out of the project so far. Aswell as being a great project to present as a live client brief, I have been payed for the work and also had a unique insight into the efforts being done to reach children in education. It has been very encouraging to see that those in-charge of education have now recognised it needs to adapt changes in the world!
I've been working as director and editor on the film in a team of three. The filming has almost finished and I have already done alot of editting so i'm well on track with keeping it my university time frame

1 comments:
The Music My Language short is excellent. Here a couple of URLs you may find interesting re. research proposal
American Social use of internet
http://www.thecounternarrativesociety.org/
General design concerns (internet) http://www.creativematch.co.uk/viewNews/?95038
Post a Comment