REVIEW AFTERMATH
On Monday I had my university review held by my tutors to discuss proposed work and give feedback on work completed.
I was pleasantly surprised by the encouragment given by my tutors and understand that I have perhaps underestimated the value of the "work" that I do outside of university. I was also told to update my blog more regulary so hence this is what Im doing.
I would like to add to the blog information about the event promotion work I do and also my musical interests.
I am currently a recording M.C, writing and recording Hip Hop tracks in alliance with Dealmaker Records and Stone Soup Records. This has been great experience and also a dorrway into another avenue of my workng life. As my profile as an artist grows I have been getting increasingly more interest from artsist and producers outside of Nottingham. This is a great step up in te ladder and more gigs have started to come. We have a 5 track demo C.D release in feb/march to help promote thelive show and push it further across the UK.
As for promoting, it is something that I have been active in for four years now. I started of as a street flyerer fort Detonate Nottingham and quickly moved up the ranks to become more involved in all aspects of their street promotion - organising my own promo team and covering the Nottingham are for street promo'. From this I learned enough to take my own direction and start to promote events for myself. Along with fellow students we set up AMBUSH. This has now been running for just over two years and has moved across venues in Nottingham. The success and relative quick gowth of the night meant it soon was too big for a small operation and has now been made a monthly 300-400 people event. However this has meant too much work, especially with a final year degree to complete so AMBUSH is temporarily on hold. This doesnt mean I have stopped though. In July 07 I set up a sister night to Ambush called HOME-BAKED. This smaller nighter has more enphasis on local musicians bringing in a smaller niche crowd but still just as much fun as any other night ive been to. I'll continue to update the blog on both Promotng and M.Cing.
I was pleasantly surprised by the encouragment given by my tutors and understand that I have perhaps underestimated the value of the "work" that I do outside of university. I was also told to update my blog more regulary so hence this is what Im doing.
I would like to add to the blog information about the event promotion work I do and also my musical interests.
I am currently a recording M.C, writing and recording Hip Hop tracks in alliance with Dealmaker Records and Stone Soup Records. This has been great experience and also a dorrway into another avenue of my workng life. As my profile as an artist grows I have been getting increasingly more interest from artsist and producers outside of Nottingham. This is a great step up in te ladder and more gigs have started to come. We have a 5 track demo C.D release in feb/march to help promote thelive show and push it further across the UK.
As for promoting, it is something that I have been active in for four years now. I started of as a street flyerer fort Detonate Nottingham and quickly moved up the ranks to become more involved in all aspects of their street promotion - organising my own promo team and covering the Nottingham are for street promo'. From this I learned enough to take my own direction and start to promote events for myself. Along with fellow students we set up AMBUSH. This has now been running for just over two years and has moved across venues in Nottingham. The success and relative quick gowth of the night meant it soon was too big for a small operation and has now been made a monthly 300-400 people event. However this has meant too much work, especially with a final year degree to complete so AMBUSH is temporarily on hold. This doesnt mean I have stopped though. In July 07 I set up a sister night to Ambush called HOME-BAKED. This smaller nighter has more enphasis on local musicians bringing in a smaller niche crowd but still just as much fun as any other night ive been to. I'll continue to update the blog on both Promotng and M.Cing.

0 comments:
Post a Comment